My name is Heather and I run H-Tiques.
Many friends just call me ‘H’ – thus the business name.
To learn about H-Tiques the business, read my other About page.
BUT, to find out who’s behind all of this, look below. You may learn something!
10 Random Facts About Heather
- I was partially named after the song ‘Heather on the Hill’ from Brigadoon. (Gotta love a Mom with a Masters in Music Ed.)
- My Dad used to compare me to the man in the Micromachines commercials. I tend to talk fast and it sort of drives him crazy. Though I HAVE gotten better!
- Some of my favorite TV reruns: The Golden Girls, M*A*S*H, The Love Boat, The Cosby Show (I know, I know, but it’s a great show!), Wonder Woman, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore, and The Newlywed Game.
- I’ve had international tourists randomly videotape me and ask to have pictures taken with me. (It was during my Crystal Gale hair years.)
- Chocolate, wildflowers, and a cuddly soft blanket or stuffed animal. I’ll enjoy them anywhere, anytime, together or apart. You’ve been notified.
- Yes, I will tell you if I love your outfit, purse, hat, tattoo, accent, etc. No, I won’t tell you I dislike it unless you specifically ask me to be honest.
- I’ve been told I have an uncanny way of telling strangers or acquaintances things that would normally make them mad in a way that doesn’t. Something about not knowing if I’m joking and/or a disarming face. *shrug*
- I’m a cat person. I’ll happily love on and play with your dog but then you can have the smell, the walks, the slobber, the clumsy nails, and the poop bags back to take home with you.
- I LOVE the smell and feel of books. I can’t Kindle. I’ve tried. I need the real thing. It’s a full fledged sensory reading experience, not just a book.
- My ideal invention: a device that will take a picture of something you see in your mind so you can show it to someone else. MAN that would have come in handy SO many times!
**BONUS: Technically, I am Dr. H. I have a PhD in Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis. Take your pick: H, Heather, Dr. H., I answer to them all.
Hello! I’m Heather. Nice to meet you.
Thanks for dropping in!
My two co-conspirators here at H-Tiques:
My daughter Willa & my husband Paul.
My parents’ engagement photo.
Vintage, retro, and unique – business inspiration!
H-Tiques coming soon! Store items ARE for sale, but are not typical of H-Tique items.